Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Downhill Skiing




Downhill skiing is a winter sport that attracts thousands of people to various ski resorts in New England. Learning how to ski is something that takes practice but can be mastered. Downhill skiing is usually takes place on a trail marked as advanced. All of the ski trails have levels of difficulty which most people can match with their skill level. The levels are represented by shapes and colors. An easier trail would be marked by a greed circle, an intermediate trial would be marked as a blue square, and advanced trails are black diamonds. Most forms of downhill skiing are usually found on black diamond trials. 

I began skiing at a young age. Most winters my family would take ski trips to various ski resorts in New England. Some of the common mountains we visited include Loon Mountain NH, Waterville Valley NH, Sunday River ME, and Bradford MA. 

Within the last couple years I began snowboarding. My sister and I love skiing and were looking for something similar that could be a challenge. Snowboarding was definitely a challenge. The technique came naturally for my sister but took me more time to learn. I did enjoy the experience but I find skiing to be much more enjoyable as a sport because I have done it for longer and feel more comfortable. 

Skiing at a controlled fast pace provides a rush that I love. Although downhill skiing takes time to become comfortable, I find it well worth the practice. I would recommend BOTH skiing and snowboarding to anyone that enjoys a challenge and cold weather. Traveling at fast speeds downhill provides a certain rush that cannot be found in many places.      

No comments:

Post a Comment